Micatu is a forward-thinking, collaborative organization that bridges the gap between people and technology producing measurable results
What is the micatu differential?
People, Technology and Professional Services. Micatu provides true “holistic solutions." From using our technical subject matter expertise to performing extensive market-driven research, Micatu validates the entire risk-reward ecosystem of the proposed solution ensuring risk mitigation at every stage of the project.
- Each of our engagements is comprised of a team of subject matter experts – many with 25 years of high-tech industry experience, working at all levels of your organization
- We specialize in providing clients with “hands-on” services. We actually do the work, not recommend the work be done
- We limit the costs of the engagement by immediately performing root cause problem determination and developing actionable plans to address and prioritize issues
- We maintain a vast network of experienced senior executives and technical consultants who are ready to engage if “called to action.”
Our Business Consulting Services group works with our clients to transform thoughts, processes and innovation into "New Products or Services"
We specialize in working with companies that are underperforming, have lost key executives or are contemplating or emerging from bankruptcy. Micatu is really different! We collaborate with our clients, providing the tools, management and expertise that allows an organization to execute on their core strengths and values. Our approach is different from many "Lean Start-Up" methodologies as we physically validate your strategy and markets.
Once validated, Micatu then employs our proprietary “Perfect Storm” methodology that confirms market demand, cash flow and risk/reward using over 30+ years of commercial development and sales execution experience honed in private industry. In summary, we combine “best of breed” business and technology strategies to accelerate business value and deliver a differentiated customer experience with “real world” measureable results.
Micatu Precision Prototyping Services offers rapid prototyping, ranging from Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) to Simultaneous 5-axis machining services
Using the latest technologies available, we are one of a handful of companies that can provide early conceptual prototypes all the way to production parts; all while offering a large selection of materials. Our FDM prototyping services can provide parts with extremely complex inertial geometries, not possible with traditional machining. Our 5-axis machining services can provide metal parts with sub-micron surface quality.
Micatu has many years of experience developing solutions for the most challenging design specifications imaginable. From complex prototyping, to Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) procurement, to cost-effective outsourcing, we excel at optical, mechanical, electro-optical, additive manufacturing, fabrication, precision assembly and high-volume production. Our capabilities include but are not limited to the following:
Our Prototyping capabilities
- Analytical Modeling and Simulation
- Optical, Electrical and Mechanical System Design
- 5-Axis Machining (Plastics, Metals, Glass and Composites)
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) 3D Production Printing
- Rapid Prototyping
- Precision Assembly
FDM Materials: ABS, ABS-ESD7, Nylon-12, Polycarbonate, PC/ABS, ULTEM 9085, Polyphenylsulfone
CNC Materials: Metals (ferrous and non-ferrous), Plastics, Optical Glass, Zerodur, Ceramics, Composites
Micatu can provide highly cost effective precision manufacturing with unmatched technical capabilities
Our designers and engineers have years of experience developing solutions for the most challenging manufacturing specifications. We excel at low-volume, low-cost manufacturing, fabrication, and precision assembly. Additionally, Micatu can provide high volume production and high volume migration services.
Our Manufacturing capabilities
- Low-Volume, High-Precision Assemblies
- Clean-Room Manufacturing
- Low-Volume Plastic Part Manufacturing
- Performance & Environmental Production Testing
- Configurable & Dedicated Manufacturing
- Project and Supply Chain Managment
- High-Volume Manufacturing Migration
- Outsourced Manufacturing Capabilities
Micatu has an extensive track record soliciting, winning, and managing Federal (SBIR, STTR, BAA and FOA) Program and Opportunity Announcements
Micatu combines extraordinary talent, industry expertise, and strategic partnerships to offer an unmatched combination of capabilities for Federal, State, and Local government organizations. Micatu and its strategic partners have a unique advantage in this space.
Micatu is very effective in developing advanced optical sensor technologies with our extremely flexible engineering organization. We have engineers from all engineering disciplines to support a range of turn-key sensor developments to meet customized applications. As a result, a wide variety of skills are always available, but costs are managed as needed for the development effort.