Micatu Expands 3D Printing Capabilities with Fortus 400 3D Production System
Painted Post, NY, September 4, 2014 — Micatu, Inc. provider of next generation optical based sensors, measurement and biomedical instruments, announced today that they have acquired a “State of the Art” 3D Production Printer Platform from Stratasys Inc. “Micatu utilizing the tenets of advanced 3D printing in lieu of traditional machining and tooling, specifically in the production of injection molded parts and rapid prototyping. This enables same day prototyping along with rapid turn-around for our customers.” said Atul Pradhan, CTO, Micatu Inc.
The Fortus 400 utilizes Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) Technology to produce production quality parts in thermoplastic.
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ABSi for translucence
- ABS-M30 for great tensile, impact and flexural strength
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- PC-ABS for the highest impact strength
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PPSF for highest heat and chemical resistance
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties
About Micatu: Micatu innovates and pioneers advanced technologies that enable next generation optical based sensors, measurement and biomedical instruments. We drive first to market technologies that are highly accurate, highly precise, which enable our customers to achieve profitable and sustainable operations. For more information, please see us on the web at: www.micatu.com